Mail2World Rolls Out a New Suite of Dynamic Webmail Features Designed to Enhance Personalization and Productivity
Los Angeles, Calif., April 16, 2007
Adding to a wealth of sophisticated tools and user interactions within its Web-based messaging and collaboration service, Mail2World today rolled out 37 new feature enhancements to its award-winning Pangia Communications & Collaboration PlatformTM. All features are available immediately to new and existing Mail2World customers. Taken as a suite, the feature set creates a new level of convenience and productivity characterized by personalization and dynamic interactivity.
"We always listen very carefully to our customers about how to enhance their email communications," states Mail2World Executive Vice President and COO Youssef Abed. "Building on their feedback, we worked hard to ensure the design of the new features offers the best possible user experience, including the use of AJAX technology to achieve that smooth interactivity our customers and their users like and expect from us. The result is a set of powerful features that are easy to use, offer a wide range of interactivity and integrate nicely into the page."
Mail2World's new features list includes:
- Flags and Starsfor quickly highlighting messages come in four colors, can be sorted and grouped on the fly, and synched with Microsoft® OutlookTMthrough IMAP.
- Followup Reminders can be instantly added to a single message or multiple messages at the same time.
- Inline Spell Checker (in 8 languages) in the composer and other applications (e.g., Calendar) is driven by an AJAX-powered engine that's ultra-fast and reliable. The Auto-Spell Check option checks spelling throughout a message before sending. Misspellings and double words are highlighted instantly, allowing users to freely correct, ignore, delete or add misspellings to a custom dictionary. Dynamic counting of misspellings displays a decreasing number as corrections are made.
- Custom Dictionary is a word-list management tool that lets users instantly add, edit or remove words from their personal dictionary. To add a word, the user simply clicks on a highlighted misspelling and selects Add to Dictionary.
- Draft AutoSave means no more worrying about losing messages while composing. Mail2World's composer now automatically saves drafts every 30 seconds. A Smart Detection feature notices when any change is made to a message (e.g. attachments added, formatting changed, text spell-checked) and appropriately saves it with the message.
- Enhanced POP Email Collector includes an Auto-Check setting for checking external POP3 email accounts for new mail at intervals ranging from five minutes to 24 hours. Secure POP3 Support lets users safely retrieve mail from email providers using secure POP3 connections, such as GmailTM.
- Enhanced Schedule Mail offers more options, such as independent time-zone selection and the ability to simultaneously schedule the same message to be sent to multiple recipients at different scheduled times.
- New Calendar Alerts: In addition to having the option to receive appointment alerts and reminders through email and pop-up windows, users can now get alerts on their mobile phones through SMS.
- Faster Login: Our service login process has been speeded up dramatically to the point where it's now instantaneous.
- Plaxo® Address Book Integration gives users the option to Plaxo-enable their Contacts, so they can seamlessly import contacts from multiple address books (e.g. Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo!® Mail) and access their complete Plaxo address book directly from their email accounts.
Mail2World, (https://www.mail2world.net) designs, delivers and supports a technology-leading and award-winning suite of hosted business-class email and online collaboration services. Custom-engineered to handle tens of millions of mailboxes, Mail2World's Pangia Communications & Collaboration Platform addresses the growing need for advanced, ultra-reliable and cost-effective email and collaboration in global enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses and large-scale service providers. The company's growing list of customers includes prominent organizations from around the world, such as publicly-traded corporations, top five colleges listed in Newsweek's America's Best Colleges 2007 report and some of the largest and most-recognized online properties. Founded in early 2000, Mail2World is a privately held corporation headquartered in Los Angeles, Calif.