Mail2World Releases OutlookSync 2.0 and Full Text Search
July 21, 2014
Business professionals now have a faster and easier way to stay productive. Mail2World is pleased to announce the release of OutlookSync 2.0 and Full Text Search – two new feature enhancements that make business communication and interaction simpler than ever.
Designed for office professionals, OutlookSync 2.0 integrates Microsoft Outlook with Mail2World’s Email Platform by synchronizing contacts, calendars, notes and tasks, providing a more integrated email experience. With the click of a button, users can synchronize phone numbers, mailing addresses, reminders and notes. Outlook 2.0 also offers deeper customization than its 1.0 predecessor by allowing office employees to assign manual or scheduled sync events. Users can customize sync settings; set date ranges of events to synchronize; and sync contacts to selected or specified groups, giving them more control over their data.
“Mail2World has always supported its business customers by allowing them to synch their Microsoft® Outlook email with their Mail2World Webmail account using standard email protocols. “The OutlookSync 2.0 plugin utilizes Microsoft’s MAPI technology to ensure a seamless synchronization of data, making it easier for business professionals to use and stay productive,” explained Youssef Abed, COO & Vice President of Mail2World.
Full Text Search
Mail2World also released Full Text Search, an advanced search tool that allows users to perform keyword searches by email recipient; subject; content and attachments. Full Text Search indexes content in email and attachments, including PDFs, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and image files. Users can use a combination of keywords, terms and numbers to search email data and quickly return a full list of matching results. To facilitate the search process, users can also designate the number of results they wish to see; refine searches by folders; and edit queries using the Advanced Search Tool.
“Mail2World continuously adds new features and functionality to our Web and Mobile Email Platform to make email communication more effective and effortless. The release of OutlookSync 2.0 and Full Text Search are just two of many enhancements we plan to roll out in the coming months,” said Kamil Asfour, Director of Technology Operations.
OutlookSync 2.0 and Full Text Search are available to all Mail2World accounts, including businesses, service providers and educational institutions around the world.
OutlookSync 2.0 Feature Highlights:
- Two-way Sync of online contacts, calendars, notes and tasks between Mail2World and Outlook
- User defined sync options to sync Outlook manually, automatically, and by date range
- Contacts/calendar sync with Gmail, Yahoo or Microsoft Exchange
- Desktop taskbar notification icon
- Sync status notification
- Custom settings to sync all contacts or selected groups
- Date and time stamp of synchronized events and the number of contacts synced
- Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 8, 7 and XP, and Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013
- Windows® taskbar system icon and access to settings
- Language support in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic, with more languages being supported
- Secure user authentication and data transfer via SSL 3.3
Full Text Search Features:
- Optimized web search performance, delivering thousands of records almost instantaneously
- Paginated query results with the option for “More Results”
- Search feature includes email recipients, content, and attachments (txt, doc., pdf, jpg, etc.)
- Ability to search by punctuation characters and foreign accents
- Windows query capability which includes (Or, And, and Minus)