Now that almost 90 percent of all email is spam and increasingly destructive viruses are released nearly every day, the need for companies to protect their messaging systems from unwanted messages is stronger than ever.
Mail2World delivers powerful, comprehensive email protection through FailSafe Spam and Virus Protection. This powerful solution includes a solid perimeter defense; world-class, predictive anti-virus filters; multilayered email filtering; and customizable Sieve scripting. In addition to securing emails coming into, going out of and residing on your network, FailSafe Spam and Virus Protection guards information from being compromised during the transmission process from sender to receiver.
Presently, Mail2World manages an average of more than 350 million messages per day. This large volume of email has allowed Mail2World to develop a powerful, multilayered, spam and virus filtering system that deflects 98.2 percent of spam and virus attacks. By filtering and blocking the vast majority of unwanted messages, the FailSafe Spam and Virus Protection System [protects an enterprise’s network resources and enhances the overall user experience.
The key component within the Mail2World Protect System is an extensive set of block rules, or “filters,” that are continuously monitored, edited and updated by Mail2World’s dedicated team of anti-spam and anti-virus specialists.
As part of the day-to-day operational management of our network, Mail2World shares, contributes and exchanges its findings with large ISPs around the world. This opens a channel of communication between Mail2World and major messaging service providers that allows our specialists to apply and remove filters at optimal efficiency.
Feature Highlights & Benefits
- High performance: Multi-pass, real-time black list (RBL), directory harvest attack (DHA), bulk detection and content diagnosis filtering deflect 98.2 percent of spam attacks before they reach your enterprise email system, reducing bandwidth and server hits.
- False-positive protection: Spam and Virus Protection’s 99.99 percent false-positive protection ensures legitimate messages are delivered.
- Internal abuse protection: Detection and removal of internal sources of spam prevents abuse of your enterprise’s communications network.
- Threshold controls: Customizable threshold levels and indication through subject-line tagging, message header or message quarantine.
- Block/Safe controls: Safe list and block list features give priority to safe list entries.
- Attachment filters: Inner file scanning fingerprints forbidden attachments.
- Automatic anti-virus updates: Our anti-virus filters are updated automatically every 30 minutes to keep pace with new and evolving virus attacks.
- Channel encryption: Impenetrable channel encryption ensures message content is invulnerable to unauthorized access during transmission.
- Quarantine server access: Easy Web access to quarantine server for user or administrator review of suspicious messages.
The System’s first layer of defense includes a protocol filter, SMTP security, reverse DNS lookup, block scan attack, real-time blacklists, connection limits, message relay and block connections.
Automatic Anti-virus Updates
The System updates virus signature databases automatically every 30 minutes, protecting your messaging communications against fast-moving new viruses as they are discovered without any intervention from an administrator.
Sequential Content Analyzer
This filter automatically refreshes itself as often as every 15 minutes, allowing the System to easily identify and block the latest forms of disguised spam and malware as well as forecast and prevent new attacks.
Impenetrable Channel Encryption
Before messaging is sent, the System queries the receiving mail server to confirm support for encryption. Fully encrypted channels ensure that messages are sent via an impenetrable connection to the intended recipients, so messaging content is invulnerable to unauthorized access during transmission.
Flexible Access Parameters
Management is an integral part of Mail2World's holistic approach to protecting and enhancing the value of your messaging communications. The System includes customizable controls that include domain-level quarantine access for users and administrators through a Web interface.
For more information about Mail2World solutions,