Mail2World Debuts Powerful Suite of Web-based Applications, Desktop-like Features and Richer, More Dynamic Interface
Los Angeles, Calif., June 13, 2006
Building on the richest feature set in the industry, Mail2World, Inc. has significantly expanded its enterprise-class, Web-based messaging and collaboration services with today's launch of five applications and several Web 2.0 performance and productivity enhancements inside a sleek, translucent interface design. The new version remains browser-based for universal access, requires no software downloads and adds sophisticated user interactions tailored to work processes people need every day. Available immediately to new and existing Mail2World customers, end users will discover a much faster, more dynamic email experience with desktop-like features typically found in traditional software, such as drag-and-drop functionality, a reading pane with multiple views, right-click menus and fully integrated blogging and podcasting with RSS.
Mail2World's upgrade strategy was inspired by the growing complexity of everyday communications, user feedback, and industry and technology advancements like AJAX and blog/RSS. "Our market research led us to develop a host of richly interactive online services that simplify our users' lives and tremendously enhance their productivity," says Mail2World Executive Vice President and COO Youssef Abed.
New Mail2World applications that launched as part of today's upgrade are:
- Backpack: Conveniently and securely stores digital photos, documents, music and video files. Users can save attached email files to Backpack or insert files from Backpack into their emails or simply attach them.
- Today: Dashboard displays a snapshot of daily information most important to a user.
- Attachment Manager: Several new tools for handling large email attachments.
- RSS Reader: Delivers news headlines and updates directly to a mailbox and organizes them for easy reading.
- Blogs and Podcasts: Fully integrated into a user's mailbox, blogs are easy to set up with preformatted page designs and easy to publish with built-in RSS. Audio files stored in Backpack can be quickly converted into "radio" podcasts over the Internet with RSS.
Mail2World's new features and functionality include:
- Intuitive, desktop-like interface
- Sophisticated services cross-integration
- Reading pane with multiple views
- Advanced Rich Text Composer
- Web-based RSS reader
- Address auto-complete function
- Instant flagging and labeling
- Drag-and-drop messages into folders
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Right-click menus
- Automatic delivery of new mail (no page refresh needed)
About Mail2World, Inc.
Mail2World, Inc. designs, delivers, and supports a technology-leading platform for messaging and collaboration services. The Pangia Platform addresses different customer types specifically: ISPs; Small, Medium, and Large Businesses; Educational Institutions; Portals; and individual users. Mail2World is a privately held corporation headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Consumer site: http://www.mail2world.com
Business site: http://www.mail2world.net